Summer officially starts June 21 and brings with it a unique set of plumbing problems that may be difficult to handle on your own. To ensure all potential issues are addressed and quickly, it’s important to hire a licensed plumber like those at Kay Plumbing.
Our team will provide you with an expert service to monitor your home’s plumbing system for any signs of leaks or clogs while also making sure all fixtures are functioning properly. With our help, you can rest assured knowing that any plumbing emergencies in your home this summer will be taken care of by experienced professionals who have years of expertise under their belt.
Read on for more tips to make sure your plumbing serves you and your family well through summer and all seasons.
Five Summer Plumbing Tips Every Homeowner Should Know
Summertime can be a challenging time for your home’s plumbing system. From water conservation to clogged drains, summer months can bring plenty of plumbing headaches. To help you stay ahead of any plumbing issues, here are five summer plumbing tips every homeowner should know:
- Use a Drain Snake or Auger to Uproot Hair Clogs: Hair clogs can be a frequent problem during the summer, as dirt and debris accumulate more quickly. To avoid expensive plumbing repairs, it’s important to clear out clogs as soon as they start forming. A drain snake or auger is an effective tool for clearing out clogs and can be found at home improvement stores.
- Clean Out the Garbage Disposal Regularly: Fats, oils, and greases can easily accumulate in the garbage disposal, leading to unpleasant odors and possible clogging. To keep your disposal functioning properly, regularly clean it with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar.
- Check Outdoor Hoses & Faucets: Inspect all outdoor hoses and faucets for signs of leaks or cracks. Replace any damaged hoses before the summer season begins, as they may lead to excess water consumption or higher water bills.
- Be Careful with Water Usage: Though here in South Carolina we are generally blessed with plentiful rainfall, it’s important to conserve water during the summer months. Limit unnecessary water usage, such as long showers and running faucets. Utilize low-flow fixtures and devices when possible to reduce your home’s overall water consumption.
- Don’t Flush Foreign Objects Down Toilets: Foreign objects, such as any type of wipes (even “flushable” ones!) should never be flushed down the toilet, as this can cause serious plumbing issues. To prevent clogs and other plumbing problems, only flush small amounts of toilet paper at a time.
How to Avoid Costly Summer Plumbing Emergencies
Avoiding summer plumbing emergencies starts with prevention. Here are a few tips on how to avoid costly plumbing disasters this summer:
- Check for Leaks: Inspect all pipes, faucets and hoses in your home for any visible signs of leaks. Even the smallest leak can lead to a costly plumbing emergency if left unchecked.
- Monitor Water Usage: Pay attention to your water bills on a monthly basis, as fluctuations may be an indication of a plumbing problem. If you notice an increase in your water bill, contact the licensed plumbers at Kay Plumbing to investigate the issue.
- Have Emergency Numbers Handy: Keep our number, (803) 445-3707, handy for 24-hour plumbing service in case of a summer plumbing emergency. This will help you get any plumbing problems resolved quickly and efficiently.
The Benefits of a Professional Annual Plumbing Inspection
Hiring a professional plumber to inspect your home’s plumbing system is an effective way to prevent costly summer plumbing emergencies. During the inspection, our licensed plumbing professionals will check for any signs of leaks or clogs and make sure all fixtures are functioning properly.
Our professional plumbers can also inspect your water heater to ensure it’s running efficiently and making sure any potential problems are addressed before they become an issue. This can help save you money in the long run, as well as peace of mind knowing your plumbing system is functioning properly.
Overall, the summer season brings a unique set of plumbing problems that can be difficult to handle on your own. To ensure all potential issues are addressed quickly and competently, we recommend hiring a licensed plumber like those at Kay Plumbing.
Our team can provide you with an bi-annual inspection service to monitor your home’s plumbing system for any signs of leaks or clogs while also making sure all fixtures are functioning properly. With our help, you can rest assured knowing that any plumbing emergencies in your home this summer will be taken care of by experienced professionals who have years of expertise under their belt.
Contact Kay Plumbing today to learn more about how we can assist with all your residential and commercial plumbing needs!